[wix-devs] wixlib\util.wixproj

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 17:09:54 PDT 2021

What does it take to get VS 2019 to recognize wixlib\util.wixproj?

I'm guessing that I need to install Wix 4 and/or the VS2019 add-on for
VS 2019.

I'm working in Util.wixext.sln and the changes I make to scauser.cpp
don't seem to be getting into my .msi file. I need
to better understand the build dependencies and the procedures required
to get my code into my .msi file?

For reference, in case you missed the background, I'm working on issue
5371, which is a new feature rather than a bug.
I could also use some guidance on unit and integration tests that
require an actual installation to be performed to verify
correct operation. I can test what I need manually, but my methods are
insufficient for regression testing.

Even though I attended the most recent meeting, I was denied the
opportunity to contribute because I couldn't log
into Twitch. When my ISP assigned me a new IP address, Twitch could not
recognize my equipment. To re-establish
confidence, Twitch sent me a verification message, which I never could
receive. On Friday, Twitch support turned off
the requirement for me to verify (for 24 hours), so I could get back in.
However, I'm concerned that the next time my
IP address lease expires, I'll be right back where I was. My ISP could
be blocking emails based on an excessive
rate of traffic, but all other types of messages from Twitch have gotten
through.

On issue 4770, I have suggested that I could write a converter to
convert the existing boolean <? if ... ?>'s to <?ifdef ... ?>'s and
make former illegal. Is there any interest in this? You were discussing
issue 4770 at the beginning of the meeting.

Ron