[wix-devs] Writing unit tests

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Thu Jun 10 15:10:54 PDT 2021

Running into a bit of a chicken and egg scenario. I have the logic written to store a copy of the persisted variables in the registry, and have the method for butil to expose BundleGetBundleVariable.

Logically you'd think I would put the tests for the new API in the DUtilUnitTest project, but it depends on behaviors only happening out of burn.  Is it sufficient to include the tests in BurnUnitTest?
Currently I hijacked RegistrationTest::ResumeTest and added asserts for reading the variables with both the managed registry class as well as BundleGetBundleVariable.

Finally, is there a reason why the unit test bundle ID's are identical to their upgrade codes?

Thanks,
Jacob