[wix-devs] Black-Box Analysis of the "Unexpected PDB error while running build.cmd" Problem

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 20:13:02 PDT 2021

Rob,

I think I saw some mention of switches to enable or disable
multi-threaded building, but I haven't researched them
yet. Can I conclude that the multi-threading is contained within one or
more of your "layers"? If so, since manual
building has such a positive effect, I'm assuming that the roblems arise
because there is no mechanism to assure
that all 0f the multi-threaded building commenced within a layer is
completed before the next layer can be processed.

Is the required mechanism simply missing? Is there any way to create our
own such mechanism?

Ron