[wix-devs] Running VS as admin

Ron Martin cpuwzd at comcast.net
Thu Jul 22 17:15:46 PDT 2021

I think I have seen code in the wix core(?) that skips certain
requirements when the code is run elevated. I thought it was odd at the
time, but without comments in the code, I couldn't be sure what was
going on. Running VS elevated would put the code in such a state and
tests that wouldn't pass un-elevated will now pass.

Perhaps elevation wasn't the condition, but I can't think of an alternative.

If I come across this code again, I will point it out.

Ron