[wix-devs] UserExperienceActivateEngine

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:23:48 PST 2021

I'm confused by the implementation of UserExperienceActivateEngine. It's
only called as a direct result of a WM_BURN_* message (CoreDetect,
CorePlan, CoreApply...), so is it really possible to try to activate the
engine when it's already activated? I don't think so, because the message
pump already makes it single-threaded. I think the code be simplified by
activating/deactivating the engine in the method that's processing the
messages (ProcessMessage in engine.cpp).