[wix-devs] Static libraries across VS versions

Bob Arnson bob at firegiant.com
Sun Dec 5 20:54:36 PST 2021

Status report: The full build works on my machine! It fails on the build machine!

I believe Sean pointed out that the .NET Framework 4.0 reference assemblies aren't installed on the build machine, because they're no longer included in VS2022. That causes the DTF build to fail. I (temporarily) retargeted them and now the build fails with NuGet warnings because you're not supposed to use Microsoft.NETFramework.ReferenceAssemblies with SDK-style projects (or with central package versioning)... I don't know how to suppress NU1009 from a `nuget restore`. So that's where I'm at tonight.