[wix-devs] Burn Variable breaking changes

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Fri Jul 17 15:49:01 PDT 2020

That's very true. Maybe moving setting formatted strings behind a second method isn't the way to go. Perhaps force the decision on all set string calls?

   SetVariableString(string value, bool formatted);

Then it's always clear what is being done to a string. I suppose an override could be:

   SetVariableString(string value);

that doesn't change the underlying type (assuming that's a thing).