[wix-devs] Testing 4x

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:29:01 PDT 2020

To me, formatting is all about style. Tabs vs spaces, single quotes vs
double quotes, etc. What an .editorconfig controls.

Linting is about reporting authoring that isn't recommended. This would be
warning about attributes that are set to the default value, not using an
autogenerated PackageCode, etc. I never really looked into what the
Pedantic mode did in v3, but based on the name I would expect those kinds
of things.