[wix-devs] Bal.wixext BA x64/ARM64 support

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:11:21 PDT 2020

Creating symbols isn't what I was looking for, I want the extension to be
able to get Core to take over the compilation such that all children of the
custom element are compiled as if they were children of a
BootstrapperApplicationRef. Basically I want an extension to be able to
declare that this element is a customized BootstrapperApplicationRef where
the extension provides the Id, but it will probably also have custom
attributes for that element as well. Because of the need to set the Id on
the BootstrapperApplicationRef, I don't see how custom attributes for
BootstrapperApplicationRef could accomplish the same thing.

Today, Payloads and PayloadGroups under a Bundle are treated as loose files
for the bundle. If you could specify BootstrapperApplication="yes" that
could work. Or even create new elements, like BAPayload/BAPayloadGroup or
BootstrapperApplicationPayload/BootstrapperApplicationPayloadGroup.