[wix-devs] WIXBUG3704 - Allow access to persisted variables from related bundles

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Fri Jul 24 09:14:35 PDT 2020

https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/3704

I haven't done my searching yet, but this is related to some work I had done internally.  My thought was instead of allowing access to persisted variables, to allow for "shared" variables which would be written to the registry.  In addition to not needing to be concerned with format/version and/or invoking the other bundle to ask it for data, we could simply allow for shared variables to be accessed via the registry.

I believe this was my rough in of the POC: https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/compare/develop...jchoover:WIXFEAT3704

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jacob