[wix-devs] WIP 6108: .NET Core SCD-style BA

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 01:44:06 PST 2020

I looked into how to load the .Net Core runtime for a framework dependent
deployment (hostfxr_initialize_for_runtime_config). That API will make sure
that the app can run on the runtime that gets loaded, but can't be used for
self contained deployment. So our host will have to call a completely
different API for SCD vs FDD.

Does it make sense to have a separate BA for SCD and FDD? What would the
names be? The only way that makes sense to me is if the SCD one never
brings up the prereq BA.