[wix-devs] 6210 - Burn engine should handle non-QWORD versions

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:39:27 PDT 2020

I implemented the dutil and burn parts of this, it's ready for review. I
ended up defining what a valid version is and changing the comparison logic
based on that. I updated the WIP with the details (
https://wixtoolset.org/development/wips/6210-burn-engine-semantic-versioning).
I got v0 > @#$%^&*, but v0 < v1.@#$%^&*. I don't really care about these
edge cases so let me know if it should work differently.