[wix-devs] WIXBUG3704 - Allow access to persisted variables from related bundles

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 16:48:22 PDT 2020

If Windows Installer really doesn't protect Hidden variables with
encryption, then I'm not sure there's value in Burn doing the encryption
during runtime or at rest. It would always need to be decrypted and sent to
an external process to actually be used which defeats the purpose. At which
point we should probably copy Windows Installer and say that Hidden only
protects it from being written to the log. If the BA wants it decrypted, it
can encrypt it and set a string variable to the base64 value.