[wix-devs] v4 extension versioning

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Mon Jan 7 10:01:48 PST 2019

It's funny. I originally thought about adding a "v4" to the namespace before then realized the core tools probably didn't need it and promptly forgot about it as an option.

It's an interesting option for WixExtensions. The question is would we need to use it everywhere for consistency sake?

Something like: "WixToolset.v4.Data" (or "WixToolset.Data-v4" or "WixToolset.Data.v4" or whatever) and "WixToolset.v4.Extensiblity"?

For the record, I don't like that... but namespace versioning the extensions namespace should work.