[wix-devs] 3703 - Add ability to change DisplayInternalUI at runtime

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 01:26:06 PST 2019

There's been some recent interest for
https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/3703. During one of our
meetings, we had discussed pulling DisplayInternalUI out of the engine in
v4 but unfortunately I think our discussion was after we stopped recording.
I didn't take any notes at the time so I don't remember any details, but I
think we were talking about giving the BA the ability to control the UI
level, removing the bal:DisplayInternalUI attribute, and creating another
built-in BA that would support this new functionality. I think the
motivation for these changes was that there are very old bugs with
DisplayInternalUI that no one has shown interest in fixing

Based on what I remember, I don't think we were planning on doing the
simple change of allowing the BA to directly change DisplayInternalUI like
in https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/pull/502?