[wix-devs] Visual Studio Release

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Thu Apr 4 08:16:39 PDT 2019

I'm running VS2019 GA / WiX 3.11 / Votive 2019 / IsWiX 4.14.4 on all my dev boxes and it's working just great.

There is a feature that I really wish would go into 3.14 though:    VS Extension support for 2019.

I had implemented in a private fork of 3.x but in the end I just wrote a DTF custom action to call Microsoft.VisualStudio.Setup.Configuration SetupConfiguration EnumAllInstances

If anyone needs VS2019 detection support in their project you can feel free to lift the logic from https://github.com/iswix-llc/iswix/tree/master/Installer