[wix-devs] WiX 4.0 Progress Report

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Sat Dec 29 06:11:28 PST 2018

I just a quick test using v4.0.0.5918 on Saturday, November 18 2017.   A simple installer ( msi/msm installs one component/folder)   built with out errors but was also missing all if it's UI tables despite having a reference to WixUI_FeatureTree and WiXUIExtension C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v4.0\bin\\WixUIExtension.dll.   Also the merge module didn't seem to be merged as the MSI in ORCA didn't show the ModuleSignature table,  FeatureComponents, Components, Directory or CreateFolder entries.

I'll retest whenever I see an updated wix build on the website.