[wix-devs] #5658 - Burn problem with AV

Blair Murri osito at live.com
Mon Dec 17 19:36:13 PST 2018

I'm not a big fan of custom error codes, but I don't care enough to say no to this one, either.

I don't have any boxes with the AV's mentioned, nor do I have enough free disk space to spin a new VM up for testing purposes. I'm willing to code up what Sean is describing, but I'll just be throwing it over the fence.

My only remaining question is: what should the timeout value be (to give the human user time to respond to the AV and for the AV to then disengage it's suppression of communication). Off the top of my head I'd recommend 30 seconds, but I'm not a UX expert.

Thoughts?