[wix-devs] Visual Studio 2019 Preview 1

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Tue Dec 11 05:50:53 PST 2018

I took a look at it.  Interesting how I have to do a nuget restore before loading the sln instead of just loading the sln and having each package restore it's dependencies on build like the normal default nuget experience.  Also didn't take the time to figure out the strong name stuff so I removed and readded the votive references to get it to build without caring about the signature of the reference.

Best I could tell  VS 2019 didn't like the [14.0,16.0)  that's in there now.  I changed it to [16.0] and it installed.

Or it said it installed.  I saw the the template files in the structure though and it showed  in extensions but I couldn't get and .wixproj  to load  and  VS 2019 has a totally new project creation UI and I couldn't find the WiX project templates in it anywhere.

Anyways that's my current findings.  I'll work on it some more but I'm afraid it might be  beyond me.  We'll see I guess.   I'm aware of all the tools vendors typically lagging behind.   This is something I deal with also with IsWiX which is typically predicated on Votive support being ready first.

Regards,

Chris