[wix-devs] v4.0 - status check/where to jump in

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Aug 28 20:35:58 PDT 2018

Item 4559 deserves a general solution for "providing an 'implementation' of some MSI concept if one isn't explicitly authored". The other concepts are default implementations of all the standard MSI Directories (so you don't need to author TARGETDIR or ProgramsFolder or ProgramFilesFolder, etc) and a default Feature (so you don't have to author a Feature in your .wxs code). So default Media, standard Directory and Feature implementations (when one isn't provided).

I have issue(s) open on the standard Directory as well.