[wix-devs] WIX Installer for web application in MVC

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Thu Aug 2 23:50:30 PDT 2018

This list is for discussing developing the WiX Toolset. For usage questions, you want wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org.

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-devs <wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of udai mathur via wix-devs
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:22 PM
To: wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org
Cc: udai mathur <udai.mathur at a3logics.in>
Subject: [wix-devs] WIX Installer for web application in MVC

Hello,

I need to create a installer using wix for my MVC application.
I want it to first detect prerequisites like IIS, .NET framework and sql express on the deployment machine. Install all the prerequisites and then deploy my publish folder on IIS and run the database script.

I already seen videos and documentation about the same but did not find any sample project that does all these steps.

Please let me know if you required more detail to help me out.

Thanks
Udai Mathur