[wix-devs] Regression in "Detected compatible package" between Wix 3.7 and 3.11?

Matt Hyman mathy at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 23 16:42:35 PDT 2018

Are there any known regression in "Detecting compatible packages" between Wix 3.7 and 3.11?

The installer I work on just upgraded from Wix 3.7 to 3.11 and we are seeing an apparent regression with detecting our common components leading to orphaned components, during an out-of-order uninstall (we install version 1, version 2, uninstall version 2 and then version 1) we are no longer seeing the log lines "Detected compatible package" and  "Will remove orphan package". There have been no changes to our provider keys and UpgradeCodes, just the upgrade between Wix versions.

Thanks,
Matt