[wix-devs] Knowing if a variable was overridden at the command line...

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Thu Nov 2 15:07:24 PDT 2017

I have a requirement in a BA Function to know if a variable was overridden at the command line or not.

I could parse the command line from the BAF, but I am wondering if this would be better suited for the BA to implement a helper method instead of the BAF.  Looks to me that the concept of an Override for WA defined variables only exists for WixStdBA, however there is no present means for the BAFunction to call the BA, only the engine.

A final thought would be to utilize a STRINGDICT_HANDLE m_sdOverriddenVariables; that WixStdBA could manage, however immediately after creating the BAF we could call a new method similar to STDMETHOD(OnProcessCommandLine)(__in_z LPCWSTR wzCommandLine, __in STRINGDICT_HANDLE sdOverridden) = 0; that I would add to IBootstrapperBAFunction.

Thoughts?
Jacob