[wix-devs] .Net 4.7

Gerhard Matzen gmatzen at osisoft.com
Mon May 15 16:44:53 PDT 2017

"Blocking issues" are nothing new with the DotNet framework, but this is the first time I've seen it hit several supported operating systems.

Eventually, the requisite updates will become part of Windows Updates, as described here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4020302/the-net-framework-4-7-installation-is-blocked-on-windows-7-windows-ser

I have not tested DotNet 4.7 with burn yet, but I'm afraid that the error code for silent installations will translate to "Asia" (as it did with DotNet 4.6).  That is, the ultimate blocking issue is obscured by running the DotNet silently.

-Gerhard