[wix-devs] Help

Bob Arnson bob at firegiant.com
Wed Mar 29 07:08:29 PDT 2017

From: wix-devs [mailto:wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Sulfikar Nasar
Sent: Wednesday, 29 March, 2017 06:22
To: wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-devs] Help

Hi,

I am new in Wix technology. As part of the installation, I need to configure Database mail profile configuration at SQL server. It can be possible thereby invoking some kind of built-in STORED PROCEDURES. I could configure this feature by following.

<sql:SqlString Id="sysmail_add_account_sp" SqlDb="msdb" SQL="EXECUTE msdb.dbo.sysmail_add_account_sp @account_name = '[\[]ACCOUNTNAME[\]]', @description = '[ACCNT_DESCRIPTION]', @email_address = '[EMAIL_ADDRESS]', @display_name = '[DISPLAY_NAME]', @username='[USERNAME]', @password='[PASSWORD]', @mailserver_name = '[MAILSERVER_NANE]'" ExecuteOnInstall="yes"
ContinueOnError="no" ExecuteOnUninstall="no"></sql:SqlString>
</Component>

Where property values are accepting from GUI part. When run MSI file the stored procedures working fine. However, the corresponding values for properties are getting as NULL. Components are directly referred in tag. So GUI part is not seen and property values aren't set. How can I approach this kind of scenario in an ideal way?

Sincerely,

SULFIKAR AN