[wix-devs] Help

Sulfikar Nasar sulfikarnasar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 03:21:33 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am new in Wix technology. As part of the installation, I need to
configure Database mail profile configuration at SQL server. It can be
possible thereby invoking some kind of built-in STORED PROCEDURES. I could
configure this feature by following.

<sql:SqlString Id="sysmail_add_account_sp" SqlDb="msdb" SQL="EXECUTE
msdb.dbo.sysmail_add_account_sp
@account_name = '[\[]ACCOUNTNAME[\]]',
@description = '[ACCNT_DESCRIPTION]',
@email_address = '[EMAIL_ADDRESS]',
@display_name = '[DISPLAY_NAME]',
@username='[USERNAME]',
@password='[PASSWORD]',
@mailserver_name = '[MAILSERVER_NANE]'" ExecuteOnInstall="yes"
ContinueOnError="no" ExecuteOnUninstall="no"></sql:SqlString>
</Component>

Where property values are accepting from GUI part. When run MSI file the
stored procedures working fine. However, the corresponding values for
properties are getting as NULL. Components are directly referred in tag. So
GUI part is not seen and property values aren't set. How can I approach
this kind of scenario in an ideal way?

Sincerely,

SULFIKAR AN