[wix-devs] Queue creation custom action

Fyodor Koryazhkin fyodorkor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 01:21:58 PST 2017

Hi,
I found some issue that is probably can be a bug:

If I use MSMQ extension for queue creation and in MessageQueuePermission
element specify group Administrators then uninstalling queue does not
actually removes it but rather makes it inaccessible. This behavior also
likely occurs in Rollback and major upgrade when RemoveExistingProduct
action placed at the beginning of installation (before or just after
installinitialize).

This is caused because removing permissions occurs for ALL queues and
before actual removing.

I see several possible solutions for this:
1. Issue a warning\error during build that the user specified
Administrators group in MessageQueuePermitiions element. (this group with
full permissions added by default in the code)
or
2. Do not remove permissions from queues that are to be removed.

Any thoughts on this issue will be welcome.

Thank you.

--
Regards,
Fyodor Koryazhkin..