[wix-devs] Bug #3813 Wrong binding in IIS site

Fyodor Koryazhkin fyodorkor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:41:37 PST 2017

Hi,
This defect is really disturbing us preventing from getting new versions
and I want to contribute the fix that we implemented locally.

The issue is that if you create binding manually then Windows put the star
(*) in the field IP address meaning for all unassigned addresses. From the
other hand WIX IIS extension custom action puts empty string for all
unassigned addresses. This creates two entries with the same port in
binding causing WEB site not to start/ crash.

The current code replaces the star with empty string.
My suggestion is to do the opposite: replace empty string (IIS schema
allows not to specify IP Port in Address element) with the star. Thus it
will prevent creating the second entry in binding for the same port.

Will this affect some other areas?

--
Regards,
Fyodor Koryazhkin..