[wix-devs] Building wix310- binaries.zip

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 07:26:47 PST 2017

We were able to drop 2008, so you need every version starting with 2010 to
do an official build.

The WixVSExtension.MSBuild##.dlls are dynamically loaded, so if you're not
using them you could just modify the build file to not include them.  Or
you could copy the official one to your build output folder.  Or you could
do the work of getting the WiX build system to build those DLLs based on
whether the Build Tools 2013/2015 are installed instead of whether the
corresponding VS version is installed.