[wix-devs] GitHub Issue #5556
rob at firegiant.com
Mon Apr 10 23:50:50 PDT 2017
1. If you want the issue to track the work, we can re-open it.
2. I don't think we need anything formal for this. It should be a pretty small cosmetic change to display two lists on the weekly release page to show the latest v3.x releases and latest v4.x releases independently. Probably side by side is fine (there is a lot of horizontal whitespace available on that page).
3. No, should be a pretty straight forward change to a single page. Once you get the filtering v3/v4 filtering, tweaking the HTML layout should be pretty simple work.
From: wix-devs [mailto:wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Brian Drennan
Sent: Friday, April 7, 2017 3:24 PM
To: WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List <wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org>
Subject: [wix-devs] GitHub Issue #5556
Based on the discussion that occurred on https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues/issues/5556, it sounds like perhaps the group is open to further segregation of WiX4 v. WiX3 packages on the releases page. So, I have a few questions:
1. Should this issue be re-opened (and assigned to me)? It is currently closed.
2. What artifacts would you like before I start hacking on the .webproj? I didn't produce any last time, and am unsure of if you would like anything other than the GitHub comments to serve as documentation on the direction
* I understand that normally, a WIP would be used, but I think that applies more generally to the toolset itself, correct?
3. Any other special considerations I missed?
As noted in the issue comments, I expect to have some free time around the end of this month to beginning of next that I could use to make some updates.
WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List provided by FireGiant http://www.firegiant.com/
More information about the wix-devs