[wix-devs] Escaping quotes in SWIX

Heath Stewart Heath.Stewart at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 23 07:16:16 PDT 2016

Since we're using SWIX to drive our extension to build the new VSIX v3 format, we really haven't needed much but several times now people have run into issues escaping quotes. I documented that it supports double quotes within single quotes like Python, but in a few cases (especially in other locales) this wasn't enough.

What about adding support to escape quotes to the front-end compiler? I assume the XML parser supports entities so it would support "escaping" quites that way.

If so, any desired preference on there escape character? Most languages devs would use use a backslash so that'd be my vote.

- Heath via Nine<http://www.9folders.com/> on Android