[wix-devs] util:PermissionEx and support for registry inheritance

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed May 11 13:58:17 PDT 2016

0. MSI 5.0 is only available Win7+. Just FYI.

1. Yes, the focus is moving to WiX v4.0. Especially once the security fixes for WiX v3.10 become less all encompassing.

2. New feature work can be done in WiX v3 but it has to be completely backwards compatible/opt-in.

3. The feature should be implemented first in WiX v4.0 then ported/cherry-picked to WiX v3.x. See #1.