[wix-devs] WiX v4 Opportunity: New WixBA UI

Phill Hogland phill.hogland at rimage.com
Tue Jul 12 06:21:41 PDT 2016

OK.  Thanks for the comments.

Ironically I focused over the weekend on creating a wx4 development environment and all was going well.  Yesterday I decided to focus on setting up a similar folder tree to build wix3 and submit a PR for a bug I had reported just before I left for a trip. which also went fine.  But now my wix4 builds fail:

            Target _ProcessXsdToDocuments:
              Skipping target "_ProcessXsdToDocuments" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
            Target _ProcessDocuments:
                "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\debug\x86\tildetorelative.exe" "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\documents\\" "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\intermediate\\"
                "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\debug\x86\doccompiler.exe" "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\intermediate\\" "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\out\\" "layouts" -appendmdtoc "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\intermediate\\index.html.md" -ignore "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\intermediate\content\\" -ignore "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\out\content\\" -ignorexsdsimpletypeintoc -htmlhelp "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\wix.hhp"
                Error in document: bundle\index.html cannot find matching document for metadata: after=/wixui/

                Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Error in document: bundle\index.html cannot find matching document for metadata: after=/wixui/
                   at WixBuild.Tools.DocCompiler.DocCompiler.OrderIndexedDocuments(List`1 indexedDocs) in D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\tools\src\DocCompiler\DocCompiler.cs:line 250
                   at WixBuild.Tools.DocCompiler.DocCompiler.Run(CommandLine commandLine) in D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\tools\src\DocCompiler\DocCompiler.cs:line 107
                   at WixBuild.Tools.DocCompiler.DocCompiler.Main(String[] args) in D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\tools\src\DocCompiler\DocCompiler.cs:line 44
                D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\tools\WixBuild.helpproj.targets(74,5): error MSB3073: The command ""D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\debug\x86\doccompiler.exe" "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\intermediate\\" "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\out\\" "layouts" -appendmdtoc "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\intermediate\\index.html.md" -ignore "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\intermediate\content\\" -ignore "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\out\content\\" -ignorexsdsimpletypeintoc -htmlhelp "D:\Development\Git\wix4Dev\wix4\build\obj\debug\x86\chm\wix.hhp"" exited with code -532462766.
            Done building target "_ProcessDocuments" in project "chm.helpproj" -- FAILED.

I did two things that may of led to this.

1) I started to try and figure out how to do strong name signing so I can run the setup on another test VM rather than the dev system.  (I hate running test code on my dev system!).  But I did not get the sn steps to work so I set that issue aside for the moment and plan to work on it later.  However I don't know if I did something to cause this problem.  I ran the 'OneTime...Init' script again and tried the build but it still failed.

2) I also recalled that yesterday while trying to settle on my git workflow I did a fetch upstream followed by a merge to my branch.  I had learned how to get my wix3 branch up to date with upstream and just did it on wix4 also, but that may have been a mistake.  So I am digging on this, but I am also expecting an incoming tide of boss-tasks later today so I may have to set these issues aside for a bit.

Thanks!

Phill