[wix-devs] Adding support for VS2017

Heath Stewart heaths at outlook.com
Fri Dec 2 08:42:48 PST 2016

We are not currently documenting the storage mechanism, which is why the COM APIs exist. This also provides the abstraction necessary to change the underlying storage to support new features and perf goals. Another change is likely on the horizon to that storage mechanism but the COM API will remain unchanged.

Reducing use of the registry was done to better enable side-by-side instances. Even if we did use it, you'd still need a custom action to enumerate subkeys for instances since MSI doesn't support that.

- Heath via Nine<http://www.9folders.com/> on Android