[wix-devs] v4 - which .NET Framework?

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:42:25 PDT 2016

For 4.5.2, I'm thinking about the error third from the bottom from the
table at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925569(v=vs.110).aspx.
I guess my memory is faulty, since I thought I saw this on more than just
Server 2012.  Remember, the only way Win8+ doesn't have .NET 4.x is that
the Windows Feature was turned off/uninstalled.

For the future question, unless we move from WiX v4 to v5 really fast, I
was trying to point out that we're going to end up supporting an OS and/or
.NET version that isn't supported by Microsoft.