[wix-devs] Wix Burn and Windows App Certification Tests

Michael birtwistle mike at birty.org
Wed Apr 6 06:32:03 PDT 2016

Yes it needs a formal InstallLocation concept.
In my v3 fork I got burn to pick up the install location from the bundled msi, assigned it to a session variable and used that.  It's nice as you see it setting the variable in the setup log file after it install the msi.

I'm also putting in a book flag so that the bundle UninstallString specifies /silent to make the unattended uninstall test work.

You were right about the programdata warning being simplistic. It's obviously ok to put package caches in the package cache folder after all :)

Thanks for your guidance.
Mike Birtwistle