[wix-devs] First WiX v3.10.3 build available
JoCooper at jackhenry.com
Tue Apr 5 13:46:12 PDT 2016
1) Installed on my test VM after removing WiX 126.96.36.1997
2) Installed without issue.
3) Built my latest managed bootstrapper and associated MSI's without any problem.
4) Detection of Downgrade seems subjectively improved. The behavior of the detect related bundle seems better.
5) Install works fine.
6) Modify (remove and reinstall two database MSI's) works fine.
7) There seem to be issues on VM, so Repair could not be evaluated. I'll have some new VM's very soon.
8) Uninstall worked fine.
9) Update (same version update with only the four quad differing) worked fine. No duplicate ARP entry.
John Merryweather Cooper
Senior Software Engineer | Integration Development Group | Enterprise Notification Service
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® | Lenexa, KS 66214 | Ext: 431050 |JoCooper at jackhenry.com
From: wix-devs [mailto:wix-devs-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org] On Behalf Of Rob Mensching
Sent: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:48 PM
To: wix-devs at lists.wixtoolset.org
Subject: [wix-devs] First WiX v3.10.3 build available
The e-mail below is from an external source. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.
As discussed today, we're making a WiX v3.10.3 build available with the fixes provided thus far (aka: no fix for GDI+ yet). Of particular interest is a fix from Sean for the compressed bundle update failures. This looks like a very good fix but it is larger than we'd like so we'd appreciate if you could help us out and test this build.
If all goes well, there will be one more build for WiX v3.10.3 with a (yet to be found) fix for GDI+.
So your feedback on the quality of this build at this time is very useful.
FireGiant | Dedicated support for the WiX toolset | http://www.firegiant.com/
WiX Toolset Developer Mailing List provided by FireGiant http://www.firegiant.com/
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended
exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message,
together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.
More information about the wix-devs