[wix-devs] RFC: Reducing components by ZIP'ing files into fewer components (even single)

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Fri Oct 2 20:55:27 PDT 2015

Non-trivial amount of work when you factor in repair, rollback, files in use, sharing of files (but maybe you declare that sharing is only supported at Component level?), etc. Doable but don't underestimate the amount of work it takes to install files.

 FireGiant  |  Dedicated support for the WiX toolset  |  http://www.firegiant.com/