[wix-devs] WIXBUG4932 sent Pull Request to wix3, difficulty trying to do same for wix4

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Mon Oct 26 11:16:17 PDT 2015

For your wix3, it doesn't seem like you've updated it in a long time.  IE, your develop branch is 319 commits behind.  From what I can tell, the only thing in 3.x that you've committed is the merge commit where you merged upstream/develop to your bug branch.  You may have done the second commit locally for your 3.x changes, but forgot to push.  If you do a "git log FETCH_HEAD..HEAD" while on your 3.x feature branch, it should tell you if you have commits you neglected to push.

To update your develop, to be current with upstream develop:
  https://help.github.com/articles/merging-an-upstream-repository-into-your-fork/

git checkout develop
git pull https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3.git develop
git commit -m "Merged upstream"
git push origin develop

Normally I would start by configuring the official source as upstream, via https://help.github.com/articles/configuring-a-remote-for-a-fork/

git remote add upstream https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3.git

Once you have upstream configured, you can then simplify a bit.

git checkout develop
git pull upstream develop