[wix-devs] Call for Images: Background Images

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Jul 28 14:14:23 PDT 2015

Greetings all,

As you already know a new WiX logo is in the works (https://www.firegiant.com/blog/2015/7/14/wix-online-meeting-73-highlights/). A refresh of the wixtoolet.org website will follow soon. The primary goal of the refresh is to be a responsive website (http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2015/4/27/firegiant-web-site-finds-its-voice/).

During this refresh, I want to add a little more character to the wixtoolset.org. So I have an unusual request for you. I'm looking for 3-5 images that align to a "theme" that would look good as background at the top of pages on wixtoolset.org. Basically hero images.

Wondering what kind I'm talking about? Take a look at the pages on the FireGiant website (https://www.firegiant.com/). You'll see a theme for the images at the top of each page that align with "light, movement, bright". That's FireGiant's theme for images. I'm curious to see what you think would best represent the wixtoolset.org*.

The images can be Creative Commons that are allowed to be republished (for commercial purposes are best, we will provide links for credit) or stock photos that are not too expensive will work (if the pictures are perfect, FireGiant will totally buy the perfect 3-5 images that you find).

So, go out. Search Flickr (Creative Commons search: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=&license=4%2C5%2C6%2C9%2C10) or Bing (Creative Commons search: http://www.bing.com/images/search?sk=&sk=&pq=bing+creative+comm&sc=6-18&sp=1&q=something&qft=+filterui:license-L2_L3_L4&FORM=R5IR40) or checkout something like iStockPhoto (http://www.istockphoto.com/) or others.  Then send emails here with 3-5 links to images that fit your proposed theme.

I look forward to what you find.

Regards,

  Rob

* Cute cat pictures might be fun but let's try to find something that aligns with the WiX toolset. <smile/>