[wix-devs] Breaking out DTF, Dutil, Wcautil and maybe others.

Heath Stewart Heath.Stewart at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 24 13:05:47 PDT 2015

I use submodules in a lot of projects, which also helps you manage which commit a project like wix3 or wix4 references and we wouldn't have to do a lot on the build side of things.

That said, we could try out on a small scale for DTF. WiX barely uses it (and I know I've talked before about removing the dependency since it's barely used but pulls in several extra DLLs) and it started life standalone anyway (as MML).

Heath Stewart
Visual Studio Setup, Microsoft
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths